classical Japanese acupuncture group
This group was formed for the student and practitioner of acupuncture interested in learning Classical Japanese Acupuncture, a style based primarily on touch diagnosis through observation of pulse and abdomen. The group is led by Brian Shane Neill, a Columbus based acupuncturist and one of the few certified Hari instructors. Brian draws on extensive knowledge having studied with the Ki Shin Po, a society of blind master acupuncturists in Kyoto, Japan. Brian has studied with some of the most highly respected Japanese masters of acupuncture, including Koei Kuwahara, Shudo Denmei, Masanori Tanioka and Testsuhiro Shiomi.
session 2: EXTRAORDINARY VESSEL HARA DIAGNOSIS
saturday 9/28, 12-3pm at peak brain performance.
Join us for an interactive study of Japanese Hara Acupuncture. Sessions 1-3 are complimentary.
SESSION 2 MATERIALS: EXTRAORDINARY VESSEL HARA DIAGNOSIS
Please read the following handouts to prepare for session 2:
Session Series Plan
1. Palpation techniques of blind Japanese Acupuncturists, how to feel "Alive" Points. Saturday 8/31/2019
2. Extraordinary Vessel Hara Diagnosis, the work of Miyawaki Sensei. Saturday 9/28/2019
3. Hara Diagnosis related to main Meridians and Sensei Kuwahara. Saturday 10/26/2019
4. 12 Position Comparative Pulse Diagnosis by Sensei Kuwahara. TBA
5. Correct Pulse Changes according to correct Point locations. Masanori Tanioka teachings on skin condition for moxa or needle techniques. TBA
6. Tonification and Reduction needle techniques from blind master Shiomi Sensei. The work of Shudo Denmei with SSRI needle techniques. TBA
7. Root treatment. TBA
8. Branch Treatment. TBA
9. Refine and Reflect, Community Clinic (A free clinic for charity). TBA (ongoing)
Denmei, Shudo. Finding Effective Acupuncture Points
Ikeda, Masakazu. The Practice of Japanese Acupuncture and Moxibustion: Classic Principles in Action
Ikeda, Masakazu. Integration of Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine: Theory and Practice
Manaka, Yoshio. Chasing the Dragon’s Tail